Thursday, November 20, 2014

My Facebook Encounter

I may have told some of you about my cyber convictions.  I have absolutely refused to be on instagram or twitter.  Twitter is boring, while instagram seems to just be an excuse to put of selfies of yourself.  And I am someone who hates selfies. (ok, ok,I have taken a few, just a few)  So Facebook seemed to me my last option (i don't do pintrest, boring) So I looked at my mom's to see if I would really like it.  I did. Sort of.  I liked the idea of being able to stay in contact with people that i normally don't have any contact with, but when I got off, I began to feel really discontent.  I started comparing myself and my stuff to everyone else.  I finally realized that people only put up the stuff that they feel good about.  They only put of pictures of themselves that they like, I didn't see them without their makeup or when they're having a bad hair day.  I don't see all the issues of having an iPhone (although, there have to be very few :))  And I don't see when people are sad or lonely, depressed or in trouble, when a relationship has broken up and left them heartbroken.  i don't see that. But I still see me in all my glory :)
My final decision.  No Facebook. Maybe once college comes and I'll be leaving home and people behind.  But not now when I'm struggling with peer dependancy.   SO I'll stick to the prehistoric stuff like email, blog, and a "slider phone"  :)  

3 comments:

Hannah Leake said...

Slider phone's (or as I like to affectionately call them, Dumb Phones ) are really the best aren't they? My friend and I, who both do not have smart phones, like to boast to our friends that we are capable of driving to an unfamiliar destination without any smart phone to guide us. ;)I too, hate selfies, yet must confess that I have taken a few myself, but never to share on social media. Haha! Blogs, email, and snail mail are my personal favorite, but I actually do have several different social media too. ;)
You have a lovely blog, by the way. I found you through the Rebelution blog and I plan to drop by your blog more. I enjoyed reading your "about me" section.

WarriorPrincess4Him said...

thanks so much! <3

WarriorPrincess4Him said...

Hey, Hannah, I'm only now just getting a chance to really get back to you! (I'm so terrible, my apologies) Yes, I love "dumb phones" and I appreciate your encouragement and thoughts! Love your photo by the way :)