Wednesday, May 21, 2014

WHAT A WEEK!

What a week!  First my little sister celebrated her ninth birthday!  Yes, she did get her ears pierced! But one of the earrings was done wrong, so she has to get it done again :(  I could tell that having them done really hurt her, but she was a brave girl! She did get the movie "Frozen" from me, plus the movie "Back to the Secret Garden" which is one of my favorites.

Yesterday I was walking through the field that separates my house from my grandparents house, Grampa oversees our algebra (poor guy, that is no easy job! especially when I'm complaining)  and was walking in my usual style, which is not watching where I'm going.  I was looking at something, and so I had my head turned back over my shoulder when I feel something slimy and wet envelope my foot, flip flop and all.   I had stepped in a mud puddle.  I have never minded getting dirty (I'm not one of those super clean, afraid of dirt type of girl)  but when I'm on my way to school and am running kinda late, I did not exactly appreciate my foot dunking.

The joy of my life right now is going over to visit my little birdie friends who have parked their nest under the slide on our play house.  I love getting to go and see the tiny little birds (who by the way, are absolutely some of the cutest things I have ever seen)  who are growing fast into little robins.  Their mommy and daddy are tolerant of my visits, though I think that they are often quite anxious for me to leave.  Frankly I can't blame them, if I had kids that cute (in a more humanly way, of course)  they would never leave the house.  

Grannie and Grandad are coming this week! Yay!  I'm jumping up and down, literally.  I don't get to see them often, since they live in Virginia, and I do not.  So it's always a treat to have them come up our way to see us.

I made german chocolate pecan pie Sunday.  It was amazing, if I do say so myself.  I love the recipe, it's the kind that I would hand out to random people on the street (not really)  but it is really good.  It's very rich, so it does limit one to about one piece, which is a good thing I guess.


No comments: