Thursday, January 16, 2014

Psalms 91

Psalms 91


He who dwells in the shelter
or the Most High
will rest in the shadow of
the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord,
"He is my refuge and my
fortress, 
my God, in whom I trust."

Surely he will save you from
the fowler's snare
and from the deadly
pestilence.
He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your
shield and rampart.
You will not fear the terror of the night,
nor the arrow that flies by
day,
nor the pestilence that stalks 
in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.

A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right
hand,
but it will not come near you.
You will only observe with 
your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.

If you make the Most High 
your dwelling-
even the Lord, who is my
refuge-
then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near
your tent.
For he will command his angels
concerning you
to guard you in all your
ways;
they will lift you up in their 
hands,
so that you will not strike 
your foot against a stone.
You will tread upon the lion
and the cobra;
you will trample the great
lion and the serpent.

"Because he loves me," says
the Lord, "I will rescue
him;
I will protect him, for he
acknowledges my name.
He will call upon me, and I
will answer him;
I will be with him in 
trouble, 
I will deliver him and honor
him.
With long life will I satisfy
him 
and show him my
salvation"

1 comment:

Dani said...

One of my very favorites too. I remember reading it to my grandma as she lay in bed just days before she died. How precious those promises are!